Complete WordPress Developer Course – Plugins & Themes
What you’ll learn
Build a fully functioning WordPress theme and plugin
Build websites for any business and audience
License your theme and/or plugin
Understand the architecture of a plugin and theme
Understand the WordPress core and it’s functions
Fully Understand WordPress’s API and how to interact with WordPress and its system
Query the Database and create tables
Comfortably navigate around the WordPress core
Integrate and extend WooCommerce & BuddyPress into your theme/plugin.
Confidently use the command line and learn basic commands.
Improve your workflow using Babel and Webpack
Create, manage and process admin forms.
Create custom post types for special kinds of content
Build custom Gutenberg blocks with React, Webpack and Babel.
Hello! Welcome to the WordPress development course. This is the most comprehensive and effective course on WordPress development around. This is the only course you’ll ever need to learn WordPress development.
WordPress currently holds over 50% of the market share on the web. WordPress is an absolute dominant force and it’s popularity continuously grows. One of the best things about WordPress is that it’s easily extendable. There are thousands of plugins and themes available both free and premium.
In this course I will teach you how to create your very own plugins and themes. This course was designed for those who truly want to master WordPress inside and out. There is no stone left unturned. This course will help make you into one of the most competitive WordPress developers out there. You will be able to develop custom plugins and themes no matter how hard the task is.
You can expect high quality and fresh tutorials. This course uses the latest versions of software development including PHP (7.x), Twitter Bootstrap (4.x), and MySQL/MariaDB (5.x) .
Here is an overview of what you can expect to learn.
- Take a static HTML bootstrap template and convert it into a fully functioning WordPress theme.
- Extend the functionality of your theme by using the WordPress customizer API. Work with the various fields you can create from simple text fields to the color picker and file uploader.
- Properly take advantage of the template hierarchy system and create your own custom templates for more unique designs.
- Build your own custom widgets to display your own content.
- Build plugins that extend the core functionality of WordPress.
- Develop custom post types for content that give you the flexibility to curate content you want to. Apply meta data to your content and display everything on the front end.
- Learn about the various methods for creating your own custom admin forms and process the data securely.
- Want to learn about WooCommerce and BuddyPress development? That’s covered too! The theme we create will be fully compatible with these 2 plugins. We’ll even customize the look and feel to suit our needs.
- Other topics include licensing, translations, security, transients, authentication, front end publishing, shortcodes and so much more!
- The APIs that are covered are the following: Dashboard widgets, API, Database API, HTTP API, Metadata API, Options API, Plugins API, REST API, Rewrite API, Settings API, Shortcode API, Theme Modification API, Transients API.
- On top of everything, you will also learn how to create your very own Gutenberg blocks. Take advantage of the newest feature that comes bundled with WordPress 5!
Who this course is for:
- Web designers and developers who wish to take their skills and profit to the next level.
- Anyone who wants to generate new income streams
- Anyone who wants to understand how the WordPress core truly works and extend it.
- Entrepreneurs who want to learn how to build quality and premium plugins and themes.
- Anyone who wants to go beyond the basic template tutorials and learn how to add unique features along with BuddyPress and Woocommerce integration.
- This course is for students who are new to developing plugins and themes and would like to learn the best practices for developing themes/plugins.
- The late beginner to PHP and JavaSricpt programming.
- Getting Started
- Theme Development Foundation
- Templates & The Customizer
- Theme Templates
- Plugin Development
- Gutenberg Prerequisites
- Gutenberg Development
- Gutenberg Components
- Advanced Plugin Development
- Creating Admin Forms
Deep Shah –
Very good course for the ones who have basic knowledge in programming concepts.
For absolute beginners in programming, this course is a bit tough..kudos to Angela for creating this course…waiting for your next.
Carl Everest –
Great course, can\’t wait to continue.
Right now at lesson 52,
This course is amazing, the best course I have ever taken. This is a game-changer.
Just show up every day, and invest all the time it takes. Go for it.
Marian Ade –
The teacher, Angela, is an excellent instructor. This 100 days of Python code is fun along with many hurdles to cross. I have taken 95% of the course but I need to revise some of the projects to better understand the logic & codes. Towards the end the course, it’s believed that you should have learnt enough to fly on your own.
Wonderful course & I recommend it.
Ethan Zerad –
I\’ve had a good experience with this course. I learned a lot, Angela went deep diving into some of the more complex concepts and broke them down into pieces, that evantually led to these so-called complex topics become simply easy. This easily deserves 5 stars, being able to understand how things work, using documentation and just the process of developing, is something rare, but this course provides you with it, and that deserves 5 starts.
Now, that was the pro, let\’s get to the con. I was tempted to give this course 4.5 stars, but evantually made it 5 because of the amazing explanations that led me to understand some topics I thought were so complex before. Why did I want to give it 4.5 stars? Well, because of the Data Science part, in days 71-80, you get pre-made documents with explanations and learn Data Science, and sure, maybe Angela wants to challenge you, but that\’s the wrong topic to choose to challenge a programmer. This topic is complex, it\’s frustrating, and hanging us out to dry with it is not helpful, whatsoever, I ended up feeling really insecure after this part. And maybe that\’s just me, maybe other people understood it better, but I believe that this topic deserved some videos and explanation, so we could understand how things tick. However, this course is still 100% worth buying, it\’s just that the last part of this course felt like it was already too far with the \”deal with it\” part of the course. I hope I\’ll be able to understand Data Science and actually enjoy it at one point, but this, didn\’t provide what I needed to understand the topic and enjoy it, it led to me being frustrated and doubtful about my ability, and some of you might say, \”that\’s just a part of being a programmer\”, well, it is, but with this being a course, and with Data Science being a new topic, I believe that it deserves more explanation and videos that could help us see what is going on behind the scenes.
Abhinav & Aashish Mishra –
I was craving for a programming language compatible with or best for A.I. And voila! Just a day or two after, I discovered this course. I of course didn\’t have a mac or interested in web designing. This course was just what is above my expectations!!!!
Bavan M Y –
pros :- 1. good way of teaching
2. useful exercises in every modules
3. different topics covered
1. Python taught here is only of beginner level. basically you are taught all you need to start learning a framework or anything related to python , but it isn\’t touching any intermediate or advance topics. there is a lot more in python than just what is taught here .
2. you get to become jack of all trades ,but master of none. you learn many different topics , but nothing is in depth as it should have been , including python itself
3. Teacher doesn\’t reply no matter how many doubts you have, I guess this goes with evey course of angela.
4. way too long than it has to be .
I literally didn\’t feel like continuing this course anymore ,lessons are long enough to make a beginner discontinue it. I completed the rest of my python journey from youtube and that\’s where I found out that this course is missing way too many things.
5. save time by watching every lesson in 1.5x speed. this isn\’t an issue until you reach intermediate level in this course.
Brendon Meintjes –
Loved the course and it\’s structure of doing something new everyday and tackling it one piece at a time. Also nice to be able to build so many apps so that you can actually see what you are learning, loads of practical to support the theory
P.sreelekha mithra –
i highly recommened foa all beginners to start python. Great thanks to Dr.Angela you make me feel strong and comfortable in python. your are great instructer i have ever seen. thanks a lot with lots of love.
Kunwar Nahush Singh –
Awesome !! Filled me with confidence. Really helpful for me.
Before Day 38, everything was excellent, but Day 38, there were less and less videos, spent 6 hours debugging an error but still can\’t get the correct ENDPOINT website. On the SOLUTION they only put \”YOUR ENDPOINT\”. I\’m frustrated. I need the exact ENDPOINT because that\’s where I\’m stuck at
Devang Jain –
The course is not updated and most of the solution codes don\’t work and there are no video solutions towards the end
The best and most thorough Python course I\’ve taken. Well worth the time you put into it. This course serves as an introduction to most of what Python has to offer and is beginner friendly, but increases in difficulty as it progresses, making it ideal for all levels (I had a year of Python experience before I found this course). I recommend this course to anyone learning Python at any level.